Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
My weekend started as I wasn't feeling well and stayed home from work. Hadn't done that in awhile. It was actually nice to have the house to myself and not worrying about sharing the TV or my space. lol
Friday night, Dwayne and I went to Wal-Mart and bought groceries. We did better this time. Usually, when Dwayne goes with me he doesn't like it when I dart down an aisle to pick up something-April and I have a routine when we grocery shop and that's what we do. Dwayne thinks I'm just running off. (to where? I don't know)
This time Dwayne had his cart and did his shopping for hydraulic fluid for the tractor, etc. and then met up with me in the grocery section. Good thing as I was debating over trying to slide in around a guy standing in front of the butter section. Talk about plumber pants!! He wasn't even bending over and I could literally see at least two-three inches of his butt crack!! Almost made me not even buy butter as it was turning my stomach just by the mere glance and looking away. Dwayne to the rescue-he walked up and I whispered to him to buy the butter. He stepped in and around and got it. Don't know what the guy's problem was but he was still standing there deciding what butter to buy. Gross!!
Saturday:
I watched Desmon all day while Chad and the others went on a float trip. He was very good all day, I did not have to reprimand him once. The first hour I thought, am I going to have to play farm all day?! After lunch, we swam for awhile and when we went back in, he was content to play by himself.
That evening we went to Sput's Place for Mable Allen's surprise birthday party. And was it ever a surprise!! She had no idea and there were a lot of her friends present that she hadn't seen in awhile. Very good evening.
Sunday:
Dwayne went to church with me and filled is as an usher as April was at the St. Elizabeth picnic. After church, we went to St. Elizabeth for their chicken dinner and festivities.
Sunday evening, Todd and Troy came over and we picked up Mom and went to Rolla for my Uncle Asa Studdard's visitation. I enjoyed visiting with my cousin's two daughters. Very lovely girls, inside and out.
We then went to Maid-Rite for supper. Mom was surprised at the amount of people there she knew and got to visit with.
Chad was sick and unable to go with us. Not sure if he was dehydrated from being in the sun the day before or if it's something else. Picked him up some Gatorade and juice to send with Todd.
Monday:
Went to Uncle Asa's funeral before going to work. It was a nice eulogy and personalized with thoughts from family. In the midst of saying good-bye, there were lighter moments in finding humor while celebrating Uncle Asa's life with funny incidents.

A very enjoyable weekend with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment