Thursday, July 29, 2010

Calf Nuts!! / I think NOT



I read on Pioneer Woman's blog about the cowboys frying up calf nuts and having a feast on them. I thought it was gross just reading about it.
Alan, one of the employees, loves to cook and periodically will cook steak or some other meat dish at work. Today, it was calf nuts!! No thank you!! I was not even tempted to try a bite. And believe me, Alan tried to get me to eat some! He did cook some chicken strips and I ate those. (after I saw the box they came out of and knew for sure it was chicken)
If I had to eat something so gross, I would choose the fried calf nuts over the cooked eyeball that was eaten at our pig roast this year. I still almost gag thinking about her chewing up the eyeballs and saying they squish!! (gag, puke)

So today, I am very grateful that I live in a country where food is plentiful and I do not have to resort to eating animal body parts such as these.

1 comment:

  1. Oh now come on those are good LOL. I wouldn't try them either and I have seen others eat them. Mainly guys like them haven't heard many women say they eat calf nuts.

    ReplyDelete