Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
Friday evening, I went to a friend's house in Vienna for a Home & Garden Party. Had a great time, lots of laughter and fun. After leaving Vienna, I drove in to Rolla to pick up Zach, Ashlyne and Gracie from the roller rink. They seem to have a lot of fun while there. From there, we went to Wal-Mart to buy a few groceries and what we needed for Blake's party on Saturday.
Saturday:
Slept late as usual-love sleeping late! Saturday was clean house day. Dwayne and April cleaned and rearranged the living room. Dwayne had volunteered to be my cleaning lady/man; I think to justify his weekly cigarette money. I call him my house-husband, but he doesn't like that. He really does a pretty good job, but he doesn't do bathrooms. After a morning of cleaning and making food, I relaxed in the pool for awhile. The water was almost too warm to cool off. Good old Missouri weather! LOl
Dwayne left a little after noon to pick up Zach, Nathan and Desmon for Blake's birthday party at the lake. Billie brought the girls over around 3:30 to ride over with me. As you can tell from the following pictures, everyone had a good time. (Despite the heat)

Shelley made Blake's Farm and Turkey Cake:

Desmon & Blake:
The hit of the party from Aunt Bobbie, WATER GUNS!!!!!!
Does this look an excited little boy or what?
More Party Fun - Liz, Shelley, David, Desmon & Blake:The Water Gun Fighters:
April and Baby Nathan:
Ashlyne and Nathan:

Zach, Blake, Desmon & Nathan:

The Party Scene:
Rope Swing Fun -Gracie, Zach, Damisha, Desmon:

Two very tired little boys:

Sunday:
I am sleeping soundly when April Lee taps me on the arm and asks if we're going to have a tornado. I'm sleeping, how in the blank am I suppose to know!! LOL It was dark outside and the wind was terrible, sure looked like tornado weather.
April and I went to church. The afternoon was spent resting and that evening, Dwayne, April, Mike and I went to the Vichy Wye for supper. Afterwards, we took a drive on old Highway 63 to look at the river.

Overall, a nice family weekend and time spent sharing a friend's birthday. What more could a person ask for?

3 comments:

  1. Parents are always supposed to know if its going to come a tornado weather you are sleeping or not lol. I am glad that you enjoyed Blake's party and brought 6 kids with you. Blake sure enjoyed playing with Desmon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother instincts should just know if a tornado is coming or not!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cake!!!
    Ashlyne looks so grownup!! It seems like she is supposed to be playing with Barbies still...time flies!!

    ReplyDelete