Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
I had an appointment in Sullivan with Opthomatologist in Sullivan for pre-certification for cataract surgery.  I was there a total of six hours.  The doctor was two hours late.  The visit required a lot of eye testing.  I qualified for the surgery but after scheduling, I find out my out of pocket expense would be $2,000.00 per eye.  At this time, I can't afford it.  On my way back to Rolla, Judy calls to see if I can pick up a pair of shoes for Dad.  Found the shoes right away and was starting to head home.  I don't remember why Judy called back, but thank goodness she did.  She asked if I got Velcro.  Uh, no I didn't.  Luckily, I was only about two blocks from the shoe store.  Stopped to get the fixings for baked beans for deer camp.  Fixed my baked beans and then Dwayne came home.  We headed to deer camp.
Michelle put in some vegetables in the oven to roast.  Andy locked the oven door.  He didn't know that the only time you lock the door is to clean the oven.  They couldn't get the door open.  It took Todd, Andy, Brayden and Dwayne to use the poker and other large pieces of metal to get the door open.  After getting it open, they cut the latch off so it wouldn't happen again.
Todd, Brayden and Andy

Saturday:
I went to Wal-Mart in the rain to buy groceries.  The store was very busy.  After Wal-Mart, I went to Family Center to buy some overalls.  Stopped at Dad's on the way home.  He was having a good day.
Unloaded the groceries in the pouring down rain.  I was a little cold after that.
In the evening, I took Dad to Null & Son Funeral Home for the visitation of a dear friend and neighbor, Faye Grisham.  Mom and Faye had grown up together and both lost their Moms at a young age.  When Momma was bad, Faye and Charles visited with us and it meant a lot.
After taking Dad home, I headed to deer camp.  Visited for awhile and went home early.
Sunday:
Went to church and then over to April's.  We went to the lake to eat lunch and some shopping.

Lunch at our favorite Mexican Restaurant at the Lake.
I stayed and played with the kids for awhile and headed home before dark.  I so enjoy this visits.
I saw two bucks and one doe on my trip over and back.  Luckily, I got to stop each time and they didn't run out in front of me.  We had an early supper and then TV time.

Sibling Love
 
I am grateful for a safe deer season and that my family is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment