Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
I spent the afternoon making calico beans for deer camp.  It is tradition they start out with my calico beans.  I forgot the hot dogs this year but they liked it better without. (with the exception of Dwayne, he loves the hot dogs in it).  Deer camp is a big deal to the guys.
Saturday:
I worked at Something Special as they had open house.  We were kept busy all day which was very good for business.  I was tired at the end of day so I didn't go to church to help with the fall supper.
Michelle called around six and invited me to deer camp.  I've never gone before.  I wasn't going to go but decided I was tired of sitting around by myself.  There was lots of good food, fun and laughter.  I rather foolishly tried some apple pie moonshine.  It was really good.  I think they kept the shne out of it as there was no liquor flavor at all.  I've tasted moonshine before by one sip and it was very strong and awful tasting.  Had a good evening.
Sunday:
Once again, I didn't make it to church.  Instead I did all of Dad's washing and the bedclothes.  Took me most of the day.  Dwayne came home early from deer camp and fixed supper.  Tasted really good.

I need prayers as I'm struggling with staying home.  I get so bored!  Yesterday, I went to the career center and filled out applications for the hospital.  Today, I went to the hospital's job fair.  I'm not up on the latest technology so that's a downfall.  I did have an interview with Parkside Manor last Friday that went really well.  The only thing I have doubts about, he took my information down on sticky notes.  Really, sticky notes!  So, I don't really have much hope for that job.

                      I am very grateful for life and pray that a good job is in my future.

2 comments:

  1. Staying home is hard I struggle with it when I have more than a day or two off.. I know I will struggle big time in a couple weeks when I have surgery and stuck at home for days on end and then more weeks of not being able to do much. Hang in there hope you hear something from one of the places you applied to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shelley. Best of luck with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete