Thursday, May 25, 2017

Weekend Update:

Friday:
We stayed home as Dwayne was getting stuff (limb trimmer, weed eater, lawn mower, tractor, brush hog, etc) ready to go for Saturday.
Saturday:
We have a big pig roast every Memorial Weekend.  This tradition started forty years ago with my Father-In-Law and a bunch of his kids.  You never get out of going-you have to.  But who's arguing; it's fun, you get to visit friends and family you haven't seen in awhile, good food and games.
The location we had the pig roast was canceled after 2006.  Andy (my Father-In-Law) asked Dwayne about having it at his lake the next year.  Unfortunately, Andy passed away January 9th, 2007.  We inherited the land and lake and David got the house.  Dwayne said we should go ahead and take up the tradition of the pig roast, so here's to year number ten at the lake.
The weekend before is clean up.  The guys go in to clean and it looks like a park when they're finished.
I stayed at home to work on a small teddy bear bench April had when she was small.  I'm refinishing it for Iva's first birthday.  This is the first time I've distressed a piece of furniture.  Not sure if I like it.
Jasa and Dwayne.  Jasa is the daughter of our friends, Phil and Carol.  We received some sad news over the weekend that our dear friend, Phil has throat and lung cancer.  We're praying for a good outcome.
Sunday:
I went to church.  To be honest, I don't get much out of it anymore.  Our pastor is not very good.  I have tried and tried to have an open mind and accept her, but it's just not happening.  I don't want to switch churches as I feel it's not good to church hop.  I just keep praying for the situation.
After church, I went by Dad's and was going to take him out to eat at The Vichy Wye.  Dad was very sick.  He'd been up most of the night.  I stayed for awhile and then went to Vichy where they were cleaning up.  I wish I would have taken some pictures of the guys working so hard.  There was three lawn mowers going at once.  I then went to Todd and Michelle's and visited awhile, then back to check on Dad.  He's still sick and has been all week.  Judy took him to the doctor and they didn't even listen to his heart.  It was apparent he was dehydrated but the doctor told him he just had a virus and left the room.  Does he think that because my Dad is ninety-two, he doesn't require care?  Judy was very aggravated.
We went to the cemeteries and put out flowers.  I know our loved ones aren't there, but there is still a connection and a sense of reverence when we go.  Sure do miss our parents and friends.

Overall, it was a busy weekend.  I am grateful for friends and family that help and share their friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment