Friday, May 5, 2017

Long Week:

Not much to report for the weekend other than we got stuck at the lake.  David called around six p.m. (twice) saying the water was raising and the dam was going to wash out.  Uh, not much we can do in the pouring rain!  We drove over and Todd, Michelle and Tim met us there.  Todd got in with us and we drove on down.  They went to look at the dam, water was going through both pipes so all was okay.  If it got up more, it could go over the dam some but we couldn't do anything in the pouring rain and being dark out.  We then go to leave and we get stuck.   I mean really stuck, all the way to the axle.
We got more than eight inches of rain over the weekend.  Many roads were closed due to the flooding and in some places, the whole bridges washed away.  So many people lost their homes.  Very sad.
I couldn't get to work Monday and Tuesday.  Tuesday, I spring-cleaned my bedroom and washed windows and curtains.  Always make me feed good when I get this done.  Now for the rest of the house.


Wednesday, I went into the flower shop to work.  Always enjoy my time there.
It rained agaom Wedmesday and Thursday.  Thursday, back at work. Chad met me on his way home from work.  He wanted us to meet him and a friend at Sput's.  We couldn't go as Dwayne was sick with a cold.
Dad came down each day, sometimes even two or three times.  He gets so lonely.  But he never complains.  I cherish these times.  Usually, he brings some flowers he picked out of Mom' flower bed.

I am grateful for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment