Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Mike's Uncle Joel Holtmeyer passed away.  His visitation for the family was to start at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning.  A little early in the morning for me to meet April for the kids.  I was to meet her at 42 Junction.  We got our wires crossed as I was at Brune's Store and she was at the actual 42 Junction.  Whoops!

Our little overalls kids.
The kids did real good but Iva cried for about an hour straight.  Then all of a sudden, she stopped and started smiling.  From then on, everything was fine.
Saturday:
Not long after breakfast, Cash was ready to go to the feed store with Grandpa.  You can't go to the feed store without stopping to get bug juice and chips.
Chad stopped by to see the kids.  He wanted to hold Iva so bad but she wasn't having any of it.  Then Dad stopped by for a little bit.
Iva and I went with Grandpa and Cash to feed the cows.  Iva's first time, she got excited seeing the cows.  Iva and I stayed with Todd and Michelle at their camper while Grandpa and Chad got the hay and fed horses at Chad's.  Iva smiled alot at Todd and Michelle but she wasn't going to go to them.  Grandpa and Cash got the hay for the cows and then picked us up.  As always, Cash got to do the lever to lower the hay bales or hays as he calls it as we get more than one.
Both kids were very good.  I put Iva down for a nap and then Dad showed up again.  He gets so lonely.
April came to get the kids and we visited awhile.  I had ordered a little outfit online for Iva for her birthday but it looked so small I went ahead and gave it to April.


She looked so cute in it.
After April left I finished a book I had been reading.  Light supper and an early bedtime for us.
Sunday:
I had planned on going to church but overslept (almost to ten) so I didn't make it.
Cleaned house a bit and then Dwayne wanted to know if I wanted to go with him to look for mushrooms.  I grabbed a book and off we went.  It felt good to get out of the house.  I read while he looked for mushrooms.  No luck.
We stopped by and visited with Todd and Michelle.  Chad was there.  He came home with us to borrow the tractor and brush hog.
Dad came down three different times today.  He gets so lonely.  The third time he brought a wooden eagle to scare off the birds of my weeping cherry tree.
I fixed sloppy joes and we almost ate all of it.  Then a marathon of watching Chicago PD, Chicago Med and then Chicago Justice.  We love watching these shows.
April sent me a couple pictures of Iva in one of April's gowns.  So cute.



Overall, it was a great weekend.  I am so grateful for each of our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment