Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekend Update:

Friday:
We ate at Sput's once again.  I think there were more people this week than last to visit with.  A good way to catch up with friends or ones you haven't seen in a long time.
Saturday:
Dwayne had to work.  Chad was asked to bring his horse and buggy to the parade put on by S&T, Celebration of the Nations.  I went to watch the parade.  I really enjoyed it and there were countries represented that I didn't even remember.

I then ran to J C Penney's and Wal-Mart.  While in Wal-Mart, I get a phone call from Nancy Ragan.  A good friend I worked with (now get this) forty years ago was here from Colorado to visit.  Nancy and Shirley Carl came down and spent the afternoon.  We had a very good visit.  It seemed like it was just yesterday I had seen Shirley instead of the many years in between.
Sunday:
Went to church and then home to clean out my closet.  Decided half way (okay, maybe a quarter of the way) thru that I really didn't want to finish.  The guys were at the cane field stripping cane so I decided to go down and see them.

We had a great time visiting and then headed on up to Todd and Michelle's new land.  Michelle's parents, Carl and Melba were there.  We sat around visiting for over three hours.  Dad came by and we got to hear some of stories.  The stories get a little mixed up anymore, but we just listen.  After they left, we walked over to where Todd and Michelle were building their house.  What a beautiful view they have.  I'm envious, all we can see is the small field in front of the house.  They have magnificent sunsets and sunrises as I've heard.  Not that I get up that early to go look.  It's a very exciting time for them.
Had a great weekend and looking forward to getting out and visiting more.

I am so grateful for family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment