Monday, September 12, 2016

39th Wedding Anniversary:

Friday:
I had an order to take back to J C Penney's and then we went to the Verizon store.  Dwayne had lost his phone.  Nothing is easy!  We were there for awhile.  Even with insurance. we had to pay a deductible of $49.00.  The lady said they were discontinuing this phone and she had one cover in the back room she would give to us.  So, I'm thinking it's free.  $28.49 dollars later I found out giving you one is not giving.  So much for insurance.
We ate at Long John Silver's; not such a good choice.  That's all I'll say about it.
Saturday:
I had told Dad Friday evening we would be gone all day Saturday for our anniversary so I probably wouldn't be calling him.  About the time we got ready to leave, Dad came down for a visit.  lol  There is always enough time for a visit with Dad.
It is so seldom Dwayne and I go anywhere during the day on a weekend.  Dwayne is usually farming or messing with the cattle.  We decided to take the whole weekend off.  We went to Lake of the Ozarks.  Told Dwayne I would take him to mine and April's favorite store.  So to Carter's we went.  Not sure if he was expecting that.  HE bought Iva a dress and Cash pajamas.  We at ice cream at Stone Cold Creamery.  The price of lunch just for a dessert.
 We then drove around by the dam and has it ever changed on the strip.  I still recognized a few of the old stores, like Dogpatch, etc.
Off to Menarad's to buy tools. got to have a little man shopping.  We then went to the movie theater and watched Sully.  The movie was really good.  We spent another small fortune on sodas and popcorn.  No wonder we never date, it costs too much!
We ate at Outback.  The best steak I've ever ate.  I could cut it with a fork.  A very good meal.
As we were driving home, I said if only April and Mike lived on 42 we could stop and visit.  Dwayne said you know the shortcut, we'll just head over there.  Weelllllllll, April always drives and I don't pay too much attention to where we turned.  I kind of made a wrong judgement call and we would up in Iberia the back way.  We then took the St. Anthony route and got there. So much for the shortcut.
April and Mike had purchased a new vehicle that day, a 2017 charcoal gray Ford Exployer.  Very nice and much more room for the kids.  Their dishwasher had broke so they had to replace it, too.  The salesman told Mike he was going to have a hard time topping their next year's anniversary and April's birthday after that.  We played with the kids for awhile and then I heard Dwayne say he'd see them tomorrow.  Huh?  Dwayne needed to come back over and hook up their dishwasher for them.  So I asked if Cash could come home with us.  He was so excited.  Grabbed his rubber boots and he was ready.  Unfortunatly, he gets car sick like his momma used to.  He got sick and puked and puked.  We pulled in at the stockyards and cleaned him up the best we could.  Once we got home, Dwayne took him out of the car seat.  He almost puked.  Poor little Cash was just covered and you should have seen the carseat. in every nook and cranny, down in the lock tabs,, everywhere.  Dwayne gave Cash a bath and I got him ready for bed and then we watched cartoons.  Normally, he is always on Grandpa's lap but lately he's decided he has a grandma too.  lol  It was so nice to cuddle with him while watching TV.  Went right to bed with no problems.
Sunday:
Dwayne fixed french toast and then we all got ready to go our separate ways.  I went to church and Dwayne and Cash went to feed the cows, to see Chad and then on to see Todd and Michelle. (Before getting ready Dwayne took the car seat cover off and I threw it in the washer then I went to the porch with a large bowl of hot sudsy water to work on the carseat.  It was in the push button part, the lock holes, the straps, etc  I got most of it off with the help of Q-Tips and toothpicks.  Reminded me of the days April would get carsick)
After I got home from church, we set off for St. Elizabeth.  April had vegetable soup and grilled cheese waiting for us.  Dwayne and Mike installed the dishwasher.  I played with Cash.  We went uptown to find rocks but couldn't find any.  He had to have his "tractor" aka lawn mower out of the shed.

Something must be funny.




Cash & Iva were talking to each other.

This is one of the best weekends we've had in quite some time.  I am grateful for all the years we've had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment