Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Went to eat at Sput's.  Ran into several friends.  Always good to visit with others.
Saturday:
I made cinnamon rolls to take to our new neighbors.  They are a young couple and seem quite nice.  As it goes when you want something to turn out really good, it fails.  I ran out of powdered sugar and my icing was waayyy too thin.
Dwayne had me go to Lowe's to pick up more stain.  He is staining the board fence he put up last year.  The cans didn't look right to me at Lowe's so I called Dwayne to check the bucket.  As luck would have it, his cell was on the charger.  After I had them load two buckets, I decided it wasn't the right one and left it in a side aisle.  (I'm sure they loved me for that).  Come home and look at the stain and it was what I had in my cart.  Darn it!!
Sunday:
Once again, I did not go to church.  I have definitely got to get back in the habit.  Dwayne seemed upset I didn't go to church, not sure why since he hasn't gone with in years.  But I always have gone to church and I think I'm hurting my witness to him by not attending.
We were suppose to have a family supper.  Todd and Michelle had plans.  Mike had to work on his truck and Chad went to the river.  So that left me, Dwayne, Dad, April, Cash and Iva.  We still had a good time.


Cash love to play in my roll top desk.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to continue my Mom's tradition of having family meals.  Although, I don't do it every Sunday and not nearly as good as Mom's, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment