Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Update:


Friday:
We ate at Sput's.  Ran into some neighbors while we were there.  Always nice to visit the Jones'.
Saturday:
Dwayne worked in the yard all day.  I froze strawberries that I got from April.  Saved out a bowl for Sunday supper.  Strawberry shortcake like Mom made.  It's my favorite.  Dwayne likes pie crust cut in pieces and layered with strawberries.  (yuck)  Mom always made shortcake, which for us meant a dough that resembles biscuit dough only not as stiff.  Tastes SO GOOD with strawberries over it.
Sunday:
Once again, I played lazy and didn't go to church.  I need to get out of this pattern.  Fixed fried chicken for supper and strawberry shortcake for dessert.  A big hit with everyone but not Dwayne, he ate his pie crust and strawberries.  Todd, Michelle, April (Mike was working with turkeys at his uncles and couldn't be there), Cash, Dad and me and Dwayne. Chad was on a buggy ride with one of his friends. We had a good time visiting.  Love these days when the kids are home.  I don't know how Mom used to have Sunday dinner almost every Sunday and how she came up with something different to eat each time.  She made some of the best fried chicken.  I only do every other week and have it at supper.  Mom, with the help of my brother, Russ fried chicken just last February, right before she broke her leg.  Miss all those times together.  Dad still seems to be doing good.  Cash loves Pa Great and looks forward to seeing him.
Dwayne loves to spoil Cash.  They spent part of the afternoon letting Cash drive the truck.  (steering but he thought he was driving)  I tell ya, Dwayne turns to mush when Cash is around.

Cash driving Pa's truck

Cash

Cash and Pa Great


The older you get, the more time you just want to relax and visit with family.  I cherish and am grateful for these get togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment