Monday, March 14, 2016

Weekend Update:

Friday:
We ate at Apple Bees and had a really good meal.  Dwayne was really tired so we just headed home to watch TV.
Saturday:
Worked around the house.  My cousin, Paul Spencer was having a surprise birthday dinner that evening at St. James.  My brother, Russ came up from Walnut Grove and Dad went with him.  Joe and Judy were there also, Kate didn't make as they had out of town guests.
We had a good time visiting with everyone.  Dwayne, of course, was more interested in my cousin, David's triplets.  We haven't seen them since they were little so I'm not sure Dwayne could visualize them as adults.  They are now twenty-two.
After leaving the party, we decided to stop by Sput's and see if anyone we knew was there.  We saw our nephew, Andy and then in walked Todd, Michelle, Chad, Tim and Russell Harris.  It's always a treat to see your kids no matter how old they are.  A little later, Bubba and Becky came.  Bubba practically grew up at our house and is kind of like family.  We had fun visiting.  Todd and Michelle had bought a new (used) truck they were excited about and also a 4 wheeler.  Then in walked Kenny and Shelley.  We haven't seen them in a long time.  Was so nice to visit and catch up with Shelley.  Their boys, Blake and Nathan were in April's wedding.   A fun evening.
We came home and watched TV until midnight. (actually 11 p.m.)  Most nights we fall asleep watching TV or at least I do.  Dwayne goes to bed early as he gets up at 4 a.m. for work.  Drives a little over two hours to St. Louis and then the reverse in the evenings.  No wonder he's so tired.  I used to have insomnia really bad.  I guess with age, I  am now cured.  lol
Sunday:
We had planned on taking April's package over to her, but instead just stayed home.  It's a good thing we didn't go over.  Poor little Cash was sick and couldn't hold anything down, not even water.  I think April had a pretty miserable day with a sick little boy.
I took a loooong nap and when I woke up, Dwayne had supper ready.  Great guy, guess I'll keep him.  lol

I am so grateful for the fun times we had over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment