Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Update:

Friday:
We stayed home for the evening.  Lizzie and Nathan came over to watch some of their favorite shows with me.
Saturday:
I got up early to clean house for the bridal shower for Michelle I was having at two in the afternoon.
Instead of buying decorations, I used lace tablecloths and Dwayne's Blue Willow dishes along with Grandma Dodie's carnival glass punch bowl and glasses.  Dwayne and I bought this set for her before we got married (1976) and it still has the Walmart sticker price on the box, $4.96.  Can you imagine this beautiful set being so cheap?
                                                          Michelle's Shower


Michelle
Michelle and her Mom, Melba
Dad and Michelle

My sisters, Judy and Katie
Me and Michelle
Michelle and April
Reenie and Susan
My sister-in-law, Bobby, Melba and Michelle
Dad, MacKensie and Judy
Katie, Bobbi and Pat
Susan, Reenie, Ina and Pat
Grandpa wore Cash out today

April came over mid-morning to help out.  She also picked up the cake for me.  It was delicious.
Susan got there about five before two and at two o'clock we didn't have anyone else there, not even Michelle.  I was starting to panic.  Then they all started coming at once.  We had a good crowd.  Even my Dad showed up.  My aunts couldn't make it but they dropped their gifts off.  Everyone had a good time visiting and playing the games.  Michelle got a variety of items and was very appreciated.  It seemed no one was in a  hurry to leave and just sat around visiting.  I would call that a successful party.
Went downstairs to where Dwayne and Cash were.  Cash was passed out on the couch.  They had fed cows, went to see Todd, fed the horses and just ran around most of the day.  It was "Pa's Day".
Since Cash was sleeping so soundly, April stayed for awhile.  We had a big supper of roast beef sandwiches.  An overall good day.
Sunday:
Once again, I stayed home from church.  I really need to get back in the habit of going.
Dwayne fed the cows and fixed some fence as the horses got out.  Other than that, we didn't do anything but watch TV.

So grateful for Todd to have found Michelle and their obvious happiness with one another.  Life is good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment