Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Weekend Update:

Friday:
We went to Sput's to eat.  We always get really good food, but not this time.  The worst cheeseburger ever!  We always look forward to our evening out on Fridays but this Friday night didn't quite make it.
Saturday:
I had to work.  Dwayne cut sprouts and cleaned out the fence row.  I had fell down our stairs the previous Saturday and landed on my upper back on a step.  I've barely been able to move since then.  We both took a muscle relaxer and went to bed early.  (Exciting, aren't we?)  Dad had spent the night  and after watching Hee Haw and the Walton's he was also ready for bed.
Sunday:
I went to visit Mom at the nursing home.  These visits get harder each time.  Mom complains about everything and insist she is going to come home.  Dad can't take care of her anymore yet he also wants her home.  Alot of emotions right now with Mom and Dad, sadness; guilt; grief, angy, etc.  All we can do is pray for the situation we're in.  I know other families have gone through the same thing and they survived.  We will too.
Bought groceries and stopped at Taco Bell for our supper.  I just get so worn out I don't even want to cook supper.

I am grateful for our loving family and the bond we have with our parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment