Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Passing:

My Mom is dying.  It's a slow process which we are dealing with every day since Saturday.  We are all camped out at Mom and Dad's.  Although, it is a very sad time in our life and a deep struggle, we have grown closer.  Family and friends stop by.  Nearly all the grandkids and great grandkids have been by.  We've laughed, we've sang, we've prayed and just bonded.  It's hard for Daddy to go in and sit with my Mom but he is very aware of each stage we're going through.  We've had good times along with the sadness.  My great niece, Tess, was saved Sunday night.  A very touching moment.  My nephew, Wayne, who doesn't go to church anymore sat and read the Bible aloud to Mom.  We each have our own spot in this grieving process.  I sleep with Momma at night, we take turns laying with her during the day.  Kate gives the medicine, Judy and I have our own roles.  Russ came up from Springfield yesterday to stay.  We're together for our great Mother who has always been there for each of us.  Although, this is very hard, I am extremely grateful we have this time together with Mom.  I know the grieving will come later as we're busy keeping Mom comfortable.  The times she stops breathing, you are ready for her to go and yet you want to hang on so tightly.  I am ready for Mom's passing.  She cannot respond to us, she can barely breathe and she's suffering.  Please pray for us.

I am so grateful for our family time with Mom and the extreme closeness and bonding we've experienced.

2 comments:

  1. Connie....I am so sorry you all are going thru this. I will pray for every single one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure have had you and your family in my thoughts today!

    ReplyDelete