Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Update:

Friday:
As usual, we went out to eat.  We tried a new Italian Restaurant in Rolla I had seen in the rural electric paper.  I think it would have been good if I hadn't ordered what was shown in the picture advertisement.  Cheese Tortellini with Italian Sausage.  I didn't like it.  The plate looked appetizing and I'm sure it was good, just not a good flavor combination for me.
We then went to visit Mom at the nursing  home.  She was in a good mood just not breathing very well.
Saturday:
Dwayne cut sprouts and cleaned up the cedar fence row by the  road.  I went to Rolla and did some shopping.  I hadn't been to that many stores by myself in quite some time.  Had to find Cash a birthday present.  He turns 2 on the 12th.
We spent the evening relaxing and watching TV.
Sunday:
As I was going to church, I hit a buzzard.  Yuck, what a nasty mess!!  I had blood and guts all over my windshield.  I almost threw up.  As I've gotten older, I have a weak stomach.  I cleaned up the kids vomit, poop, etc. when I was younger and never got sick or even almost.  Now, I gag and carry on looking at something gross or foul smelling.  Does this come with age?  I would have thought you would be more immune to these things.
Our new pastor is not an overly friendly person.  As I was leaving church she asked me how I liked my job.  I thought, oh, she does know who I am.  It made me feel better about her.  I would think a pastor would reach out on a weekly basis as you leave church and be more friendly.  I felt like a little kid with some praise, it made me feel special.  A kind word goes a long way.
I had to wash my car at the car wash.  It was pretty gross with the guts stringing as I sprayed.  It was all on my windshield a a little on the hood.
Stopped at G & W and then home to start supper.  I try to have the kids over every other Sunday for supper.  We had beef pot pie this time.  April brought a cake for us to try.  It was chocolate with a new icing of maple sugar with tiny bacon crumbs.  It was actually good and you didn't taste the bacon.  April said it was listed as a trial.  I guess we'll see how many times people go back and buy.
Of course, we had a good time playing with Cash.  I had to walk around outside with him and play ball.  We pretty much spoil him.
After the kids left, we watched TV and went to bed early.  I was so tired, you would have thought I cooked for a hundred rather than the six of us.

I am grateful for the visits with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment