Thursday, June 4, 2015

May:

It's hard to imagine how fast the month of May went.  March and April were so consumed with helping out with Mom and Dad, I felt like I missed those months.  Deeply appreciate how much better they are doing.  I don't have to go up everyday like I used to.  (every other day-gives me some "me" time0

Mother's Day:
Mom orderd chicken and the rest of us brought side dishes.  My brother, Russ was here from Walnut Grove.  So nice to have all of us there and most of the nieces and nephews.

Doctor's Appointments:
Springfield
Lebanon
Rolla (twice)
Mom is getting so much better.  She can now get up out of her chair and walk a little bit with a walker.  I need to be sure and speak to each person I see pushing a wheelchair.  It is alot of work putting the wheel chair in and out of the vehicle and getting Mom loaded up.  Russ met us at the Springfield appointment to help out.  It was so great not having all the responsibility.

Cash Time:
We still go to St. Elizabeth every Wednesday evening for a visit.  While there, Cash is totally a Grandpa's boy but when we keep him at our house, he tends to want to be with Grandma more.
Especially the night we kept him and he started running a temperature.  It was hands off to Grandpa, he only wanted Grandma.  We got in a lot of cuddle time.

Memorial Weekend:
Saturday I went to the Williams Reunion.  They are my Mom's side of the family and Williams was her maiden name.  Not as many people as I expected but it was nice seeing the ones there.
Saturday night was the fish fry at our lake in Vichy.  The kids have so much fun and it's just good old fashion playing; swinging on the rope swing, playing tag, bubbles, glow sticks and free time.  Not one tech game played and they survived.  lol
Sunday was the pig roast.  We continued to keep the tradition alive after my father-in-law passed away.  So miss all the original people and their families.  We just lost a dear friend, Buck Love this week.  Buck was quite a jokester.  You could find him singing 'John Brown' every year.  I was so happy to have a girl after the two boys.  I always dressed April cute in frilly clothes and a ribbon taped onto her non-existent hair.  We were at Emmett and Imogene Bullock's 50th Anniversary party and Buck called her a boy.  I was so aggravated.  She was all dressed in pink and a ribbon in her hair and he still called her a boy.  It took me a few minutes to realize he was joking.  Lots of great memories of years past on the pig roast.
Dwayne and the boys (men) put the hog on Saturday and cook til Sunday.  Very good tender meat.
Everyone brings in a covered dish and spend the afternoon visiting, playing games or just doing nothing.  Great times.

I am so blessed with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment