Friday, May 22, 2015

April:

I don't know why I  haven't been blogging.  Maybe just too much to think about and write down.  I wish I would have kept up along the way, rereading my emotions and maybe after seeing it all wrote down, it wouldn't seem as overwhelming as I've been feeling.

The first three weeks of April were daily visits with Mom at the nursing home.  What started out as afternoon visits became morning, lunch and then afternoon.  I cherish the time I spent taking Dad back and forth and the lunches and grocery shopping.  I also cherish the time spent with Mom.  I never thought it would be as hard emotionally as it was.

Chad and Todd picked up Mom on Easter Sunday to come to the annual Elrod/Feeler Easter Dinner.
Everyone was so happy to see Mom out of the nursing home, if only for a few hours.

We brought Mom home on Friday, April 17th (which happened to be Todd's 34th birthday).  We did manage to get our little Elrod family to go out to eat for mine (April 19th) and Todd's birthday at Randy's Road Kill.  Don't let the name fool you, it's a very good barbecue restaurant.

Mom went back into the hospital on April 26th for pneumonia and COPD.  She was having a hard time breathing.  Luckily she was better soon and back home.  Along with being in the nursing home or at home, there are still doctor visits to take Mom to.

We continued with our weekly visits to visit Cash.  He's quite the little character and we enjoy him so much.  He certainly loves his Grandpa.  We watched him one weekend and he started running a low temp.  He was definitely Grandma's boy that weekend.  We spent a lot of time rocking and cuddling.  Hey, I'll take the Grandma attention any way I can get it.  lol

I'm sorry to be such a downer this month.  I think the emotions of my job ending due to the company selling out hit me hard along with the daily trips back and forth.

I am truly grateful for my family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Connie--happy to have your blog back! I had been watching to see and then there was your message. No need to apologize -- life gets hard sometimes and some of the things that are extra like blogging just don't seem too important, I suspect, at the time. I can't relate because I'm not a blogger -- I just enjoy everyone else's!!! I sure hope your mom is able to spend her days now at home -- I would think that might be easier for you if she's closer....but only if you aren't taking full care of her. That's really hard after a while. Take care of you and find time to smell the roses (or visit Cash!). Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete