Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Weekend Update:

Friday:
I went to the rental house as I did every night this week after work to clean.  Years of built-up grease in the kitchen, dirty refrigerator, etc.  Dwayne doesn't get home until 7:30 so that left him out on helping.  Chad, Todd, Tim and Michael helped a lot with taking curtains down and all the heavier work.  Don't know what I would have done without them.  I had Susan wash the windows as there was years of build-up. 
I worked pretty late and when I got home, I was DONE.  I could hardly move.  Dwayne had to find something to eat as I wasn't able to make anything.  A week of working all day and then at night on the house does not work well with having Lupus.
Saturday:
I slept late, watched TV, took a nap, watch TV and then took another nap.  I did manage to clean the kitchen and do laundry, but other than that, nothing.  I felt lousy and I hurt all over.
Saturday night we headed to Belle to watch our friend's, Phil and Carol Bailey, Dacoda ride sheep.  He did really well.  I think he got second place but we didn't stay until the end.  Dacoda is so cute when he gets off the sheep, he throws his hands in the air and walks around a bit then starts waving to the crowd.  He gets to go to the finals at Columbia in October.  He calls us Aunt Connie and Uncle Dwayne.  lol  Makes us feel special.
Sunday:
We both slept until eleven o'clock!!  Evidently, we were worn out.  Hadn't been up too long until my nephew, Tony called to say he was having Sunday dinner.  Him and his girlfriend, Lisa, have been having Sunday dinner for the past three weeks.  I so enjoy these dinners.  It's nice to have someone else host them and Mom loves it as she's not able to do them anymore.  Lisa is a great cook.  Her sweet potato muffins are the best ever.
Later, Todd came by to get the lawn mower and go mow the yard one last time at the rental house.  Dwayne went to Rolla to buy boots and was supposed to pick up a shower fixture at Lowe's.  He forgot!!  Luckily, the renters said they had one and would install it.  One less thing to worry about.
We didn't do anything the rest of the evening but watch TV and relax.

I am so grateful for Chad and Todd's help and that of my nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment