Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Joy and Sorrow:

Joy:
 
Sunday, Dwayne and I went over to the house we bought to rent out and worked on it.  We then went to Tony's for Lizzy's 13th birthday.  Can you believe she's 13 already??????  Actually, she acts much older and being the EAR, (Elizabeth Ann Rowe) she knows and hears everything.  She is a smart young lady and I love her so much.  We have TV night together every Tuesday.  Not sure how much longer she will want to come to her old Great-Aunt Connie's house, but sure enjoying it now.
 
Dad teasing her that he is going to spank her for her birthday. (probably would have if only she stood still.....)

13 Candles
 
That afternoon we went back over to clean on the house and find goodies Lou had left behind.  Some good, some not so good-like about 30 old brittle plastic flower pots......
Susan came over and we sat on the back deck and had a great visit.  Several of the family dropped by off and on to look at the house.  Chad and Todd helped out a lot.
 
Sorrow:
My cousin, Lena Vogeler's husband died and his funeral was today.  Austin, we called him Jr., was a great guy and all through growing up he would take his thumb off for me.  It was a trick that he made look so real that I always thought he really did.  (I was apparently a gullible kid...) Even as an adult, when I saw him I would have him take his thumb off.  Neatest thing!!
Today was Jr.s funeral and I didn't do too well.  I didn't cry at Wayne's funeral and today seemed to bring it all back.  I cried all the through Jr.'s funeral and off and on the way there and back.  I guess I must be a little goofy as today was much worse for me than my own brother's funeral was.  But, I know God helped me through that day and to be strong for my sister-in-law.
Life has it's ups and downs and that is normal.  I never thought I would be having such a time with grief as this year.  I think, Connie, you are 57 years old, get used to it.  I think I used to be a stronger person as I could handle death better, but now I'm not dealing with it too great.  I put on a great smile for everyone but inside I'm hurting.  I could use extra prayers right now.
 
 
I am grateful for my family.
 
 
 
I also have great joy that my great nieces and nephews come over to visit often.  Last night, Ashlyne, Lizzy and Nathan were over.  Zach had a fire meeting at Vichy Fire Department and didn't get done in time to come over.  I love these four as if they were my own grandchildren and so enjoy our times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment