Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mom & April's Birthday Dinner:

Cash, April, Grandma Nonnie and Grandma Great


Chad, Grandpa Dwayne, Cash, April, Mike, Lizzy
Zach, Michael, Chad, Dwayne
Lizzy, April, Mike, Todd, Grandpa Great, Zach, Chad,Cash

I always have a big birthday dinner celebration every year for Mom and April, as their birthdays are just a day apart.  This year, my nephew, Tony asked if he could have it at his house.  Heck yeah!!
I enjoy having the family over but I have to admit I liked not having to bode the responsibility and work this time.  (Getting old........ lol)
We are having a big reunion Saturday for Mom's 85th birthday so several weren't able to attend on Sunday.  Every year when we make molasses, Mom's family attends and we call it the cousin party.  This year we will have the cousin party minus the molasses making.
It rained during planting season so Dwayne didn't get the cane out until much later.  So, we're running at least three weeks out on the big molasses making this year.  It's a big disappointment as everyone enjoys it so much.  But you have to go with mother nature.
Mom's health has been pretty precarious this year and we are so blessed to have her with us.


I am so grateful to celebrate my Mom and daughter's birthday together.

No comments:

Post a Comment