Thursday, September 4, 2014

Labor Day Weekend:

Thursday:
The weekend started early as the Maries County Fair was going on.  After a quick supper, Nathan, Lizzy, MacKensie and I took off to the fair.  I walked over to the demolition derby figure eight.  I sat with Kenny, Blake and Nathan.  The boys kept me entertained.  Nathan asked if I was coming Friday night and I told him, no that Dwayne has been working long hours.  He said I could just come by myself then.  lol  Made me feel good they wanted me there.  Love those boys.
Lizzy and Nate spent the night and left the next morning before I left for work
Friday:
Dwayne and I both had a long day.  We decided to go to Sput's to eat.  They have such good food there.  I got the philly steak sandwich and fries.  Yummy!
Saturday:
We took Mom and Dad to the parade.  This is quite a feat as we have to take Mom's wheelchair if she goes any distance.  So glad Dwayne was off work to help/do with Mom.  She fell as she was stepping up onto the curb.  Luckily, Dwayne was able to get her up and then into the wheelchair.  She is feeling better but has been falling again.
We always sit on the SW side of the courthouse and our family meets there.  It was so good to see my nephew Tyler, Andrea and Liam.  Liam is such a cute little boy.  As you can see below, we had a good time with baby Cash.  April didn't have to worry about holding him in the heat.  lol
 
 




3rd cousins, Cash and Liam
After the parade I took a long nap-felt good to be rested.  That evening several of our friends met at Mike and Susan's.  We had a good time sitting around on their deck and visiting.
Sunday:
Not much going on.  We mainly just watched TV and relaxed.
Monday:
We just bought a new dishwasher a couple weeks ago and it doesn't dry the dishes.  I went to Lowe's and it was no problem at all.  He said we'll just order you a new one.  It was nice to have such good customer service.
Then the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart!!  It wasn't busy when I got there but soon filled up quick.  There are so many new students at S & T and their families there.  Makes good business for Wal-Mart but makes it hard to shop.
Spent the afternoon working around the house and watching TV.  That's the extent of my labor on Labor Day.......
 
I am so grateful to still have my parents and to once again share our time together at the Maries County Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment