Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Weekend:

Friday:
My weekend started out at about one o'clock.  We get every other Friday afternoon off.  April also had the afternoon off so we met at John and Sheila's pool  I had bought a baby seat floating thing with a canopy.  Cash was almost too small for it.  He really didn't know what to think but seemed to be content as long as he was hanging onto Mommy's hand.  He's getting to be quite the Momma's boy.  I held onto him for awhile so Mommy could float and swim.  He was so amazed by all the flowers and the leaves blowing in the wind.  Grandpa stopped by to see him on his way home from work.  Cash showed off his crawling skills.  We had a great, relaxing afternoon.
Dwayne and Todd went to Eldon to pick up oak posts for our new yard fence.  I ended the day by watching TV and reading a good book.  All makes for a great day.
Saturday:
We had an Elrod Reunion to go to at Belle.  I was out of milk, Mom was out of milk-soooo I didn't make anything to take.  A quick trip into the grocery store to buy already made pies worked, but I wasn't very proud of myself for not taking homemade.  Will need to plan better next time.  There were a lot of people attending this year and everyone had a good time.  It's nice to get together and see people you might not see otherwise.
Reba (Dwayne's cousin) apologized for not recognizing Dwayne a couple weeks ago.  He finally told her he was Connie's husband and then she knew who he was.  lol  I love the Elrod family, they are all so good to me.
We then went to Rolla to Wal-Mart for groceries.  Didn't do too bad for a Wal-Mart trip.  Dwayne has been working so hard and then working on the weekends, I suggested he take a nap. He thought he would just watch TV instead but ended up taking a long nap; which he needed.  I also snuck in a nap until the phone rang.........   Saturday night, we went to Mike and Susan's for a get together with some of our friends.  We haven't got together very much in the last several years.  We had a good time.  Didn't get until 11:45 p.m.!!  Wow, we haven't stayed out that late in a long time.
Sunday:
Went to church.  It was our new pastor's first Sunday preaching.  I think she will be a good fit for our church.
After church, I mowed the yard.  Dwayne and Todd worked on sharpening the posts and started putting them in.  Can't wait for the new yard fence to be done.  We're making our HUGE yard a little smaller.  Getting older, need to cut down that mowing time.  lol
I made meatloaf for supper and then we spent the evening relaxing and watching TV.  Overall, a nice weekend.

I am grateful for family and friends and the get togethers we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment