Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Prayer Warrior:

I am in no way, shape or form a good "prayer er".  I know that's not really a word, but it's what I mean.
Yesterday afternoon, I had a liver scan done.  While waiting for my appointment, there was a lady (a little older than me) sitting there being very anxious.  We got to talking about the weather, etc.  Then she said her husband had been in the hospital for over a week with COPD and an infection in his foot and leg.  I believe she said his name was Scott Burnett and they were from Stover, MO.  Quite a ways from Jefferson City and she had been staying with him.  She voiced her concern about the blood flow in his leg and causing the open sores.  I felt compelled to pray for her and her husband.  I kept thinking of the lady in the hospital that prayed for Mom and what a miracle we witnessed that day.  We held hands and I somewhat (though, not eloquently) voiced a prayer for a miracle for her husband and strength for them to get through this difficult time.  I have found the last few weeks that people want to talk about their difficulties rather than keep quiet.  And that is what prayer and worship is supposed to be.  Reaching out to others.  It's a hard lesson to learn as we did, but I wanted to talk about Wayne and what happened.  I yearned for people to reach out to me and let me voice my feelings.  I somehow felt like I had a badge on my chest saying, "My brother just drowned and my Mom is dying.  Talk to me".  I needed to voice my pain aloud without being dramatic, just talking.  It helped me tremendously to voice my feelinga aloud and for others to just listen.  We are all different.  Just because talking helped me, to others just a quiet hug suffices.
I hope I was sufficient in expressing my prayer and concern for Mrs. Burnett.

I am grateful for a lady named Marlena that came forward and put an arm around my shoulders and said I looked like I needed a prayer.  I did and she not only provided that for me but also my whole family with her heartfelt prayer over my Mom on her deathbed.  We witnessed a miracle that day as by the time they got Mom up to ICU to hook up to a ventilator, she was better.  Her breathing had ceased being so labored and her heart rate was back to normal.  Mom then looked like Momma-strong and beautiful.  Bless you Marlena.

No comments:

Post a Comment