Monday, July 21, 2014

Good Times:

I had a nice busy and full weekend.  Great to take your mind away from unpleasant memories.

Friday:
I've been having a flare-up with my lupus so I'm only working half days for a couple weeks.  I was home Friday afternoon having a nice, much needed nap when-The Phone Rings!!  Wouldn't be so bad but no one answered but you could hear them on the other end.  Frustrating!!  Such as life.  lol
That evening, I went to Rolla to my great-nephew, Brighton's last T-Ball Game for the season.  He did real well and was proud of the gold dollar I gave him for a job well done.
Then the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart!!!!!!!!  Had to buy for a baby shower and the float trip on Sunday.
Saturday:
Started the day off with a Pampered Chef Party at my friend, Patti's.  Lots of good old fashioned visiting and wonderful food.  Naturally, I ate too much.  Then off to Mom and Dad's to have them sign their card for their baby gift.  When Dad paid me back, he was a dollar short.  I said, "Oh, that's no big deal".  He said he could give me change.  Mom looked at him and said, "Dad, do the old change deal".  Ha!  So fun!!  When I was a little girl, dad would empty his change out of his pocket and I would get down and grab it all up.  Don't know why I was always in such a hurry as I was the only one picking up.  Even through the years, it was a joke that I would get down in the floor with the grandkids as Dad threw change on the floor.  So, it was with joy I scrambled in the floor to pick up change.  Some things never change and we needed some good memories.  Mom and Dad are actually dealing with Wayne's death okay.  Still hard to believe he's gone.
Off to another party!!  This time a baby shower for my cousin, Keith's daughter Sydney.  What a bounty of good food they had there!!!  SO, I ATE SOME MORE!!!!!!!!  Don't know why I keep gaining weight.  lol 
It is always exciting to see a young mother at a baby shower so excited for the little one coming along.  Sydney was just that.  Miss that excitement but wouldn't want to go back and do it over.  lol
That evening, Dwayne and I went into Rolla to eat and look for an umbrella for the canoe as I'm not supposed to be in the sun much.  Couldn't find one but did buy a table umbrella for Dwayne to rig up on the canoe.  Home to much needed sleep to start off another exciting day on Sunday.
Sunday:
Day started out with shuffling around with vehicles and canoes.  We had a wonderful day on the river with several of our friends.  It was a long float, took us nine hours and that was with my brother-in-law pulling us with his boat part of the way.  I love to swim but I'm not really that good at it.  Last week, at Fugitive Beach I tried swimming and I would think of Wayne and panic.  I couldn't swim at all that day.  This time, I had on a ski belt during the whole trip and would add a life jacket to that when I went in the water.  Phil took his six year old grandson, Dakoda along.  He thinks Dwayne and I are his aunt and uncle.  So, it was, "Aunt Connie, would you get in and swim with me"?  Sure thing!!  The adults were too "old" for swimming.  Dakoda and I had fun.  Uncle Dwayne did get in with him some.  There was a stop for our typical float trip food of roasted hot dogs and the fire has to be set up "boy scout" style.  What a spectacular way to enjoy God's creation than being on the river.  Watching fish jump, snapping turtles, various birds and even an Eagle flying around.

I am so grateful for this past weekend.  I needed some time to just relax and enjoy after the drain the past two weeks has been on me. (and my family)

1 comment:

  1. What a full and fun weekend! Good for you! Nine hours is a long float! Bet it was fun though!

    ReplyDelete