Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend:

Friday:
After supper, I told Dwayne it was too nice to stay in.  We took a drive and went to Wayne (my nephew) and Deone's, where they're building a new house.  I love looking at the building phase.  I so enjoyed that when Dwayne was in construction.  I drew up several of the house plans and remodels he did.  Tim and a couple of his friends were there, too and Zach had just left on his horse.  By the time we got home, Zach had arrived and was unsaddling his horse.  He spent the night.
Saturday:
Zach and Dwayne went to Vienna and then to Vichy to feed.  I went into Rolla.  I really hated to as it was St. Pat's weekend and it is very busy!  Went to Penney's and bought insulated boots for the trip, then went to the mad house of Wal-Mart.  I think everyone must have decided the same thing.  I thought that most people would be at the parade during that time from, but I must have thought wrong.
Dwayne and I spent the afternoon working in the yard raking leaves and cleaning out flower beds.  I love this time of year; I feel so energized with Spring coming on.  It was too windy to burn but by evening the wind had died down and Dwayne burned leaves.  The fire looked so pretty.
View from the back deck
View from the front porch
 
Sunday:
I got up prepared to go to church.  It was sleeting pretty hard and then started snowing.  Dwayne told  me I'd better stay home.
I did get several small jobs done that I've been putting off.  One was cleaning out the refrigerator-talk about a mess!  I found something dried up that I have no idea what it was. 
After lunch, we went to feed the horses and cows. We then went on over to Mike and Susan's to take  her her tile cutter I had borrowed.  Susan is redoing her kitchen and putting tile up.  Her new appliances looked so good, sleek and modern.  She's got quite the job to do this week, painting, putting up wallpaper and tile.  I'm tired just thinking about it.  It will look great when she gets it done.
We had corned beef sandwiches for supper.  Turned out really good.  I had always cooked corned beef on top of the stove, apparently I didn't know what I was doing.  Cooked this one in the oven and it turned out great.  Tonight the kids are coming over for supper.  I'll add my cooked corned beef to the cabbage and since it's better this time, maybe my boys will eat some.  Had to thaw out some rib
eye steaks to go with it.
Picture April sent me.  "Look Grandma and Grandpa, I'm one cool dude in my GT you got me"

 
I am grateful for the ONE nice day to be outside over the weekend and especially grateful for the little guy in the car.  He's sure worming his way into my heart.  So thankful to be a Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment