Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Loonnnnnnngggg Weekend:

Friday:
Sheila and I went to the local Chamber of Commerce Mardi Gras Party after work.  We had a great time and a good meal.  There were lots of people dressed up.  I borrowed a mask from Robin Stratman.  Todd said I looked like a peacock.  Sheila won the Mardi Gras Queen.  While she was getting pictures taken, Kristina at our table decided to play a trick and had me put on the crown and hold the flowers, then she sent it to facebook.  She was even able to take and send the picture on Sheila's phone without her finding out.  Our table was a lot of fun, we joked, played pranks on others and just an all around good time.  I even got in my grocery shopping before heading home.

 
Saturday:
Dwayne's oldest Aunt, Ruby Backues, passed away and her funeral was Saturday.  She was 99  years old so she lived a good and long life.  We got to visit with a lot of relatives we don't see often.  It was a long day and I ended it by taking a nap when we got home.  We watched TV all evening and went to bed early.
Sunday:
Well, we all know how the weather Sunday was.  I'm getting so tired of this crappy weather, I 'm going to just go to Alaska at the end of the month.  We watched TV all day and just lazed around.  Todd and Desmon came over for awhile, even Desmon was bored.
Monday:
I didn't go to work because of the ice.  Dwayne and I worked on some spring cleaning.  I'm a fanatic, I do this every year but I skipped last year.  I wash the walls, all the nic nacs, bed clothing, curtains and shampoo the floors of each room of the house.  Dwayne did the shampooing this time.  We got one upstairs bedroom done and the upstairs bathroom.  It always makes me feel better after I get it done.
Dwayne had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and I rode along to get out of the house.  We ate at Long John Silvers, went home and what else?  TV watching, of course.
 
I was so glad to get back to work today.
 
I am thankful for job  and the opportunities it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment