Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend:

Friday:
Just a relaxing evening at home.
Saturday:
April and Cash came over to spend the night.  Mike was gone to Springfield on a bowling league.
Grandpa Dwayne had been counting down the days as he was going to watch Cash all day by himself.  The guys he works with thought he was crazy.  lol
April and I took off for a day of shopping in Manchester.  We weren't so successful this time as we have been before.  We couldn't find any good bargains and the people were rude.  Guess it fit with the gloomy weather we were having.
I did get what Dwayne wanted, a front sling baby carrier.  He's planning on carrying Cash around at the Pig Roast and this way he will have his hands free.  (He thinks, if I know Cash, he will have other plans.........  lol)  Also, bought him some I love Grandpa bibs.
Grandpa and his new toy
Grandpa said he's now ready for the Pig Roast
April bought Cash a blue wagon.  It will come in real handy living in town and walking to visit people.  I can't wait to pull him around the track when it gets warmer.
Lean to the right....
Lean to the left.
 
 
                                                              The boys met us at the house when we got home from shopping and we all went to Randy's Roadkill Grill.  If  you haven't ate there yet, I suggest you try it.  It's very good and also a clean place to eat.
We spent the evening watching TV and then early to bed.  I think shopping and Cash wore us all out.
Sunday
We just lazed around all morning eating cinnamon rolls and drinking coffee.  Cash kept us entertained with his babbling along with his new squeal.  He's a very vocal baby; I can just see it when he learns to talk...  He's so cute jabbering away and then giving you a little smirk.  Love having a grandson.
After April and Cash went home, I started spring cleaning our bathroom.  I'm such a goof at spring cleaning.  I either do it the right way or not at all.  If I can't get the walls, cabinetry, doors, etc. then I don't feel like I've done spring cleaning.  By the time you wash every little nic nac and inside of cabinets you get a little worn out.  I guess it's age as I remember I didn't used to think anything about it.
I put on a pan of stew to simmer and then Dwayne and I went on a Sunday drive.  My nephew, Tyler bought a piece of property on old Hwy 63 and we went driving over it.  I was jealous because of the view, Dwayne was jealous because of the pasture and land.  BUT, we're very happy for Tyler.  He's a great kid (I know, he's a grownup now) and he deserves some good in his life.  He has the cutest little boy, Liam and his Mom, Andrea.  They will have a great life on their new land.
We drove on down to see the river.  It was so clear and pretty.  I so wish we still had a boat and could go for a ride.  I loved all of our time on the river, especially when the kids were growing up.  Many, many good memories.

I am grateful for my family and the times we spend together.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment