Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Molasses Makin'


 We had our annual "Molasses Makin'" over the weekend.  My camera is broke so I've missed out on a lot of pictures lately.
The above picture of my dad can be found along with a video on facebook under Rolla Homepage.
We started this tradition in 1978.  We've had many successful years and gone through many generations of "workers", including my Grandma and numerous Great Aunts and Uncles.  Lots of memories made.
Our good friend, Jim Matlock, has helped us for years.  My great nephew, Cody nicknamed him Big Red as he has a red face.  Sadly, Jim passed away over the summer.  He was missed tremendously this year.  There is always a good time to be had around Jim.
Our day also included a Williams' Cousin Party, my Mom's side of the family.  The numbers get smaller every year and we had two cousins in the hospital.  We still had a good time.  The young kids got to take turns riding horses, chasing each other and the highlight of all-the old tire swing.  We finished off the day with a hayride.  Kayla's kids, Mariah and Brighton wanted to spend the night but they couldn't get hold of their dad to ask so a sleepover is planned for this coming Saturday night.
Zach, Nathan and Lizzy spent the night and got an early start Sunday morning with Uncle Dwayne.
Sunday was a repeat of Saturday.

I am thankful for the tradition being passed down and that my husband, sons and Elrod nephews enjoy it each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment