Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Busy Weekend:

Friday:
Zach spent the night with us so he could get an early start helping Uncle Dwayne with Molasses on Saturday.
Saturday:
I got up early and headed to Rolla for Mariah and Brighton's soccer games.  They did a good job and seemed really excited when Aunt Connie showed up.  After the game, we went to their house to get their clothes as they were spending the night with me.  This is the first time Mariah and Brighton have got to stay with me so they were pretty excited.
We went to Wal-Mart to pick up groceries and some crafts to do when we got home.
After putting groceries away, we went to Mom and Dad's as Dwayne and the boys were making molasses.  The kids played all afternoon with Desmon and Kristin's boys, Kaden and Kaleb.  Lots of rough play and swinging on the old home made swinging.
We headed home and Nathan and Zach came home with us too.
 
Nathan painting sun catchers.

Brighton painting his piggy bank.

Mariah painting her cupcake aka piggy bank.

Mariah:
 
Sunday:
 
Sunday morning Dwayne made chocolate chip pancakes for us.  Then Dwayne, Nathan and Zach headed to Mom and Dad's to start another day of molasses making.
Mariah, Brighton and I left for church.  Before going to church we stopped by my work for me to get caught up since I had missed on Friday.  I think the kids may have had a little too much fun while I was working.  Don found several things moved around on his desk and John did too.  Luckily, my bosses are okay with me bringing the kids in.
We then went to church.  Mariah and Brighton loved children's church and want to go back next week.  We had to stop and get bug juice before heading home.  They must have had fun at my work as they wanted to stop again on the way home.  (Didn't happen!  lol)
We went up to Mom and Dad's and the kids had another great day of fun and playing old fashioned games.
 
 
Dwayne and Chad moving the press.

Bucket load of kids.
Mariah, Lizzy, Kaden, Desmon & Brighton
                        

 

The kids rode in the bucket all the way to our house as Dwayne pulled the press with the tractor.
Talk about having fun........The kids talked about it all afternoon.
 

Zach's horse

After the kids got back from the house, Desmon, Mariah and Brighton rode with me to St. Elizabeth to see how April was doing.  Talk about a noisy ride!!!  April was doing okay, just getting large and miserable.  The baby is due in just five days so shouldn't be much longer.
When we got to the house we had a crowd of after molasses working people and Kayla and Anthony had come down to pick up the kids.  We visited in the basement and it was like old times from when we lived down there.

I had a wonderful weekend.  I am grateful for these weekends of family get togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment