Monday, October 14, 2013

Cash Michael Holtmeyer:

Church Announcement:

The Holtmeyers:
Mike, Cash, April

Uncle Todd & Cash:

Grandma Nonnie & Cash:

Flowers from Uncle Chad and Uncle Todd:

Dozen Red Roses from Grandma & Grandpa:
 
FINALLY!!!  We are grandparents!
After a long labor and delivery, Cash Michael Holtmeyer made his entrance into the world at 7:35a.m. weighing 7 lbs. 3 oz.  19 1/2 inches long
 
Cash Michael
 
Dr. Su put April in the hospital Thursday evening and we thought sure we'd have a little Holtmeyer by Friday morning.  He fooled us and waited until Saturday morning.  Dwayne and I stayed until around midnight and then went home as Dwayne had to go to work early Friday morning and I had a doctor's appointment in St. Louis.  The alarm ringing at 4:45 Friday morning was just a little much............  Chad and I drove from St. Louis for my appointment and from St. Louis to Jefferson City to see April and we thought the baby, but he had other ideas..........  We had a nice drive, seen lots of different scenery and just had a good time.
After work, Dwayne and Todd came to the hospital and Chad went home as he needed to get Desmon off the bus.  We spent a lloooonnnnnngggggggg night waiting for the baby.  I knew I wasn't going to be in the room when the baby was born but I thought sitting in the hallway was okay.  Wrong!!   I had got tired of waiting in the waiting room so I went down and sat in the hallway around 3 a.m.  After a little while, I heard a baby cry so I opened the door and asked if I heard a baby cry.  (I didn't even look in, just barely opened it)  The nurse yelled at me and said I wasn't supposed to be there and to get back to the waiting room.  I asked if I could just sit in the hallway and she said NO!  I thought I was okay sitting in the hallway but I guess I thought wrong......  So off to the waiting room I went.  I told Dwayne, Todd and Laverne I got in trouble.  Dwayne said, well I told you so.  I still don't know what the big deal was.  lol
A little after 7:30, Mike came to the waiting room carrying the baby and said, here is Cash Michael who arrived at 7:35 a.m. and weighs 7 lb. 3 oz.   He was so beautiful!  A thick head of dark blond  hair and a pretty round face.  April says he sleeps like me with his mouth open.  lol
After each of us holding the baby, we headed home.  We were exhausted!  I don't even remember Saturday.  Apparently, I slept all day.  Dwayne said he woke me up to eat a sandwich but I could barely stay awake.  I don't even know if I got up that evening to watch TV or not.   The next thing I remember was waking up Sunday morning to the alarm going off for church.
Sunday:
I  went to church and then Dwayne and I went to my cousin's sons wedding at Lion's Club Park in Rolla.  It was a nice time visiting with family.
The rest of the day and evening was spent relaxing and preparing for the work week.
 
I'm looking forward to this evening when we take Mom and Dad over to see April, Mike and the baby.
We have waited for years to have a grand baby and are so thrilled we're plumb stupid acting!!
 
I am grateful for family and especially the birth of our grandson.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming Grandma!! The boys can't wait to meet the baby and I can't wait to meet him either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on little Cash! Being a Granny is the best thing ever! I will be looking forward to lots of blog updates and pictures!

    ReplyDelete