Thursday, December 13, 2012

Visiting:

Last New Years, I vowed I would take the time to visit people more.  I was going to visit someone I don't normally see often at least once a week.  Not always easy to do, especially with our busy year of Mom being sick, planning April's wedding and work.  But we did venture out and visit relatives and neighbors a little more often.
Saturday, we took the day to just be free and run around.  After going to the bank (twice, because Dwayne forget his paycheck at home..........) we went to his cousin's shop in Bland.  If you like antique dishes, this is the place you should go.  While there, another of Dwayne's cousins walked in with his wife and grandchild.  We rarely get to see Bryan so it felt like a small family reunion.

 .http://www.facebook.com/messages/spotted.rooster

Spotted Rooster

Spotted Rooster

After leaving there, we went on through the back roads to St. James.  We stopped at TJ and Sarah's house.  TJ lived with us for awhile and we hadn't seen him in quite some time.  Apparently a couple years, as they are now parents to a precious two year old little girl who talks like a little grown up and twin boy and girl who will be one in February.  Quite a busy little household.  Dwayne had seen TJ and the kids a couple months ago when TJ dropped by while I was at the Lake shopping with April.  It was so good to see them.
We did our grocery shopping and headed home.  That evening my neighbor, Nadine from Germany asked me to come over for a German drink and cookies.  I wasn't sure about the German drink, thinking it would be a strong liquor type but if so it was not very strong.  The hot drink along with the German cookies were really good as well as visiting with Nadine and her four children.  She had just received a package from her Dad in Germany that week.  We looked at old photos from her homeland and shared life histories.  A very pleasant evening.
I think I did pretty good in one day to try and visit people.  We are so used to the modern world of technology, I think we miss out on good old fashioned visiting.

I am grateful for neighbors and friends.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment