Monday, December 17, 2012

Table Rock Lake:


View from Bette Jo's back deck.
Jesse Jo on her scooter.

I went to Golden, MO this weekend with Dwayne's cousin's wife, her Mom and daughter, Jesse Jo.  We stayed at Bette Jo and Tom's.  The same wonderful hosts Dwayne and I have been going to see each summer.
Bette Jo definitely spoils a person, she has food prepared ahead of time and you aren't allowed to do anything to help.  Makes me feel guilty, but this time I just enjoyed it.
We went to Branson shopping Saturday and to see all of the sights.  Jesse Jo kept us entertained most of the time.  She liked to pout occasionally when her Mom told her no on something.  I would just reach over to her and try to pull her mouth into a smile.  Worked every time!!  She would then start giggling.
The deck goes all the way around the house.  Jesse Jo made so many circles it would have made me dizzy.  I did try the scooter once, but didn't do very well.  While we were "scooting", Jesse said she was so excited I was coming and her Mom kept talking about my kids.   She couldn't remember which one of the cousin I was.  She thought I would be taking kids along on the trip for her to play with.  I told her my kids were all grown and she then asked me how old I was.  When I told her I was 55, she opened her mouth wide and said, "You look really good for your age.  I thought you were around my Mom's age!"  (almost 40)  She is my new best friend.  lol
We were going to eat at Lambert's on the way home but the line went all the way around the building.  Crazy!!  We were all homeward bound, so we opted out of waiting.
The weather was so beautiful all weekend.

April came by in the afternoon and we went to Rolla.  I almost finished my Christmas shopping, going to Springfield with Susan tomorrow and finish up.  Brought fried chicken home and Chad, Todd, Dustin and Trevor came up for supper.  Good to see all of my kids today.

After they all left, I went to check on Mom and Dad.  Mom's blood sugar had been high and then dipped low during the day so we was resting.  I told them I got homesick on the weekend away and the laughed at me.  I used to get homesick when I went to church camp and Mom was my counselor!!  lol

I am grateful for times like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment