Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chad's Birthday Dinner:

Chicken Pot Pie
(not sure if you can notice but I cut into the crust,
Happy Birthday Chad)

Apple & Cherry Turnovers

Chad
(His glasses are broke, not used to seeing him without them)

                                         Mike, Mom, Dad, Todd, Chad & Dwayne

Dad, Todd, Chad, Me, Mike, Mike, April & Nathan and Desmon at counter
(didn't get one of Lizzy)

Mom, Todd, Chad, Dwayne, April  They're listening intently to one of  Dad's stories...........

We celebrated Chad's 34th Birthday Sunday with a birthday dinner and visit with Mom and Dad.  So nice to have them here celebrating with us.
I didn't go to church as I'm not as good at getting everything ready and attending church all at the same time. My Mom did that (and still does as of last Winter) this all the time.  I remember her frying chicken, making homemade biscuits, lemonade, etc. after church every Sunday while growing up.  Sadly, I can't seem to accomplish all of that the way she has always done.
But, I have Dwayne, whom I refer as my house-husband, that helps me out tremendously when we have a family dinner.  He doesn't like the term house-husband, so I now refer to him as my daughter-in-law and for some reason that doesn't offend him.  lol  Whatever, he is a big help.
I was making chicken pot pie for dinner and he deboned the chicken.  I have never had such small cut up pieces of chicken before for any of my dishes.  He did an excellent job.  He cleaned up after me all morning as I make a mess as I cook.  We had chicken pot pie, salad, corn, & rolls and for Chad's cake, we  had homemade apple and cherry turnovers.  I set the pies on an antique square cake stand that Grandma Dodie gave us, seemed to make it more special.
Nathan and Lizzy were visiting Mom and Dad for the day so they came down and then Chad brought Desmon with him.  Seems more natural to have kids around.  We enjoy them coming over.
My great-niece, Tess turned 15 on Sunday and was having cake and ice cream over at her Grandma Pat's at two o'clock.  April and I took Nathan and Lizzy over and we stayed for a little while to visit with everyone.  So hard to believe how this generation of kids is growing up so fast!!
As we were getting ready to leave, there was a coyote up in the field.  We had been seeing it the past few days and it just didn't act right.  Our neighbor came over that morning and said he had been seeing it and it didn't seem to be scared and would just stand there in broad daylight in our other neighbor's yard.  Dwayne and Mike drove up the drive and Dwayne was able to shoot it.  When they were loading it up to take to the neighbors as he wanted the skin, Mike said it stunk really bad.  Not sure what was wrong with it but glad it's not around anymore.
When we came back from Pat's, Dwayne, Mike, April and I spent the afternoon playing Liverpool Rummy.  I miss afternoons like that as that was always an Elrod tradition to play cards anytime we were together.
Chad, Todd and Desmon came back by for a visit.  Such a good day.  I love having my adult children come over.

I am grateful for family and especially having Mom and Dad with us to help celebrate another birthday with Chad.

No comments:

Post a Comment