Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Columbia Shopping Trip:

April was going to buy a computer at Best Buy and I suggested Dwayne and Mike come along with us.  She's like, huh, why?  I should have listened to her.
I thought it would be kind of fun to have them go with us and eat out.  Well, I was wrong!

We first went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and it was very good and the guys had a good time.  Best Buy was right by their parking lot so they thought we would go there next.  No, why would we do that, if we bought the computer and needed software, someone could steal it out of the car while we were at the mall.

April drives across the street to the mall and Mike is, we're really not going here, are we?  I thought he was just joking and giving us a hard time.  Then when we get to the mall, Dwayne and Mike are both like, we don't do malls.  Well, we told you we were going here when we invited you.  As we were walking toward the mall, Mike stops and says, I'm not going in, I've never been here before.  I still thought he was joking.  Then he says, seriously, are we really going in?  I turned to him and said,
"Mike you just went from being my favorite son-in-law to my least favorite in the blink of an eye".  I think it might have upset him at first but April reassured him he could be either one as he is the only one.  I was just joking with him but maybe a little serious.

We get in the mall and just kind of stand around.  Then I said, April, let's just ditch them.  So we did!  We just went off shopping and left them to do whatever.  But we really didn't shop much, we felt rushed.  We went back to where we left them and didn't see them around.  I called Dwayne and they were just leaving Sears heading back to where we started from.  At least they found tools to look at and Dwayne bought needed tools of chalk line and some other small item, but he was happy.

We left and then stopped at Wal-Marts for a few groceries.  They did pretty good in there, but I did buy them some beer to drink on the way home so we woudn't hear them whine.

April still needed to buy a gift for a Christmas party and we couldn't find anything at the mall.  When we got to Jeff City, we pulled into Target.  The guys stayed in the car.  We did get some good shopping in, not very long, but enjoyable.

It was decided that would be the last trip ever shopping with Dwayne and Mike.  This was decided by all four of us!!  lol

I really thought it would be a nice change of pace and time together.  I think from now on, April and I will just make our monthly shopping trips and enjoy our time of just the two of us to the fullest.

I am grateful for family and most grateful Dwayne and Mike won't be shopping with us anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahaa!!!! I LOVE THIS - sounds exactly like Chris. I always think I'd love for us to go shopping together and EVERY TIME I end up MISERABLE.......so, it's a good idea to just leave the men AT HOME! LOL!

    ReplyDelete