Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekend Adventures:

Friday:
Dwayne and I went out to eat at Matt's Steakhouse and then visited with some friends.
Had a wonderful night out.
Saturday:
Busy day around the house. Several drop in visitors throughout the day, I love that.
Todd had taken Zach turkey hunting and they stopped by to report on their unsuccessful hunt. A little later in the morning, Dustin stopped by with Trevor and Xander. Trevor didn't do well hunting that morning either. Just not the day for turkeys. Xander is such a little cutie!! Funny how the kids go straight to Aunt Connie aka Nonnie's snack food drawer. Instead of being famous for my home made cookies, I have Little Debbie Snack Cakes. Works just as good. Mom and Dad came down later in the day. Dustin and the boys also came by again on Sunday.
Todd grilled steaks for us Saturday evening. I was the lonely girl among Dwayne, Chad, Todd and Zach. But apparently not for long, Lizzy called to come over and watch TV downstairs. We enjoyed our "girl" time of teens shows, soda and snacks.
Sunday:
Tony came and picked Liz up for church, I didn't feel too well so I stayed home.
Zach and Uncle Dwayne went to Vichy to check on the cows and do some fishing. I worked out in the yard some in the afternoon. Brought back memories of how I used to be able to do so much in the yard. I haven't worked in the yard for a few years and I miss doing it. I'm not suppose to be in the sun much and I tend to overdo when I do work in the yard, therefore, I pay for it in the long run.
I plan to TRY to just do a little bit at a time this year.
Tony and the kids came by before going to Vichy to fish. At the last minute, Nathan and Ashlyne decided they didn't want to go and stayed with me.
It was dark before the fishermen came in. I had fixed Nathan and Lizzy's favorite of potato soup for supper. Didn't get a picture of all of them as I ran out of memory on my camera.
Nathan:

Looks like he didn't like the soup, but he really did:

If you can't get your niece to hold still for a picture......

you hold her in place!! lol


I am grateful for life and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment