Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The many antics of Kaden...................

We kept my great-nephew, Kaden overnight Friday night. What an adventure!! lo
Kaden is very and I mean VERY active three year old. He is like a spin toy, constantly going, or maybe I should say he is the energized bunny.
He kept us entertained constantly. One of the funniest episodes of the evening was when we went to bed. Dwayne wears a sleep apnea mask every night. This can be quite scarey to a child apparently.
Dwayne had gone on to bed and I was turning the lights off in the kitchen. That is when I first heard Kaden. Dwayne was in bed with the mask on and Kaden was sitting a straddle of Dwayne with his hands on each side of Dwayne's head. He's saying, "Uncle Dwayne, Uncle Dwayne, are you okay? Uncle Dwayne, do I need to take you to the hospital? Uncle Dwayne, Uncle Dwayne, do you need to go to hospital?" It was so funny but yet not for poor Kaden. I thought we had really traumitized the little boy but after we explained it, he was okay. After Kaden was calmed down, Dwayne and couldn't quit laughing. Dwayne had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard. Kaden is a very dramatic little boy and his voice and hand actions while he was trying to save Uncle Dwayne were so cute. After this drama, he settled down and started to go to sleep. BUT, he is related to his Aunt Connie as he's like, Uncle Dwayne, I have one more thing to tell you........a little later he had to tell us something else. We now know how Mom and Dad felt when April spent the night with them when she was little as she also always (in her words) has alot to say!
The next morning we went with Dwayne to feed the cows and then to Vienna. Dwayne had quite the experience with Kaden at MFA and if you know Tommy, I'm sure he could relate the adventure of our little Dennis the Menace being there!! lol Sorry, Tommy, they just don't make kids like they used to.......
I decided to sit out the loading of more hay so Kaden and I went to Aunt Judy's for awhile. Man, it was like letting someone out of a cage, he was here, he was there, turning knobs, opening cabinets...... Geesh, Aunt Connie was worn out and he did have to sit in time out for quite awile. Aunt Connie is the disciplinairn with the kids we watch and I try my best to make them mind. Judy is more laid back. She would say, "Oh, precious, you shouldn't be doing that" or "Kaden, you are so precious, Aunt Judy loves you". lol Which is good, he needs praise, but Aunt Connie had just about had it!!
Luckily, the kids (Ashlyne, Zach, Nathan and Lizzy) got there before Dwayne picked us up and kept him entertained.
Then, back to Vichy we go to unload a trailer of hay bales. He got to run off some of that energy then by climbing hay bales and running races. I told Dwayne that if I had him all the time, I'd be skinny in time for the wedding next fall. lol
It sounds like we didn't enjoy our visit, but we did tremendously. We watched silly TV shows, put puzzles together, acted like loony tunes as we laughed more than we had in a long time. What a blessing my sibings grandkids bring to our lives.

One way to keep an eye on a child that wants to help, have them hold the gate as you back up:


The highlight of the day, getting to drive the tractor with Uncle Dwayne:

New baby calf:

What a climb to the top:

Yay!! He's sitting still and I can keep an eye on him! lol:


We had a wonderful time and what a beautiful weekend to be outside and enjoy the sunshine. I am grateful for close family we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment