Monday, January 16, 2012

Kate and Wayne's Birthday:

Zach, Katie and Wayne:


Last week we went to Mom and Dad's for my youngest sister and my oldest brother's birthday. Wayne was 64 on January 8th and our baby of the family, Kate was 42 on the 9th. (Zach just happended on be in on the picture, too.)
It was just a good old-fashioned day of visiting and reflecting on our growing up years.
Katie loves to remind us she wanted her own birthday. Wayne was in Vietnam when Katie was born and Mom so hoped to have the baby on Wayne's 21st birthday. Nope, Kate held out and was born around 12:30 a.m. the next day. As a little girl, she didn't even like Wayne when he came home. I think it was because she hadn't been around him and it was kind of scarey meeting a grown up that everyone said was your brother.
I think now she likes them almost sharing a birthday but I'm sure she won't admit it. lol

I'm grateful for another year of celebrating their birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment