Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Elrod Christmas Dinner:

We celebrated Christmas on the 26th of December with Dwayne's brother, David and family. I used to try to make most of the dishes Grandma Dodie made each year for Christmas. The past couple years I have eliminated a few of them. I felt guilty at first as I thought I should keep it the same each year. Although, the cranberry salad and her punch will have to continue to be a keeper each year. I attempted her rolls again this year, but no can do! Grandma Dodie's rolls were the best.
David brought the meat this year, smoked pork loin. Very good!! He does an excellent job of barbecuing. I think we chose him to do the same again next year.
We had a great day of visiting, just like old times.

The guys enjoyed the Foosball table I bought from a friend:



Grandma Dodie tradition of playing cards when together:


Trevor's Dip n Dots I got him for Christmas:
turned out to be quite a mess, certainly glad it went home with them.........

Cheyenne and Xander:


I am grateful to be able to keep most of my mother-in-law's Christmas traditions alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment