Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bathing:



How do your dolls take a bath? Mine-the bathtub, of course. lol
Mom had given April a crocheted doll that was my Grandma's a few years. She didn't look very pretty anymore, layers of dirt and dust through the years. Last week, I decided to squirt some Woolite in the tub and let her take a bath. She relaxed and soaked in the bubbles for an hour or two and wow, was she refreshed after that!! I swished her around a little bit and poured water over her hair to wash it. I tilted her head back just the same as I did my babies (real ones) years ago.
There is a small pillow hidden inside the crocheted skirt and I was wondering how on earth I would get it to dry. Ding-Ding: A plastic colander. Worked perfectly. She sat on the colander overnight in the tub and then a day or two over the heat register.
She now looks pretty again and the dirty, dingy looking dress is once again a nice shade of pink.

I am grateful for the love of my Grandma Feeler and the legacy of love she left each one of us.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like new again! Although, I think you need a hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad said doing laundry was my hobby, so I guess doll washing falls in that category. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, Connie! And it looks pretty funny floating around in there too! :) G

    ReplyDelete