Thursday, December 1, 2011

Guess What I Have On My Finger:



Last Thursday night around 10:30 I get a phone call. I was in a very deep sleep. I could kind of hear my cell phone ringing but couldn't comprehend what it was. I groggily find it on the nightstand and answer. Here is the call:
April: Guess what I have on my finger?
Me: Not quite awake and even wondering who was talking........ Oh, uh, it's my daughter on the line. Finally I am kind of figuring out it's April and she's wanting me to guess what's on her finger. I'm still very very sleepy and thinking, oh, she was helping Mike with something and she has a blister on her finger and I just want to go back to sleep. So, I say: A blister?
April: Huh? No
Me: Well, a splinter (still not coherent)
April: Huh?
Me: I don't know, a spider?
April: Are you awake? Did you not get my text message with a picture?
Me: Uh, no, I guess I didn't hear it, I was sleeping.
April: A ring!!
Me: (Now I'm starting to wake up) I'm like, What? Oh, wait I need to go in the other room to wake up. (Before I leave the bed, I poke Dwayne and said, April is engaged!!!! He's like, yeah, I could hear her, I wondered when I was going to have to tell you what was on her finger!!)

I have been waiting since we had a little girl for this moment and to help my daughter plan a wedding AND it takes me a few minutes to even comprehend what is going on!!!
I then went into the living room to listen and hear the excitement in her voice. After becoming concience, lol, I started getting excited and our plans started in full force!! Got out the 2012 calender and we started going through dates in September.

Thanksgiving, 2011: A day of thanks to remember and being very grateful for family and the celebration to come of another member being added to our family. We couldn't have asked for a nicer future son-in-law.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for April...and YOU : ) This post nearly made me cry, so sweet! Besides, you know what comes after marriage..............a grandbaby in a baby carriage - that's what is REALLY exciting! HAHA!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So were you able to get back to sleep after that phone call :) So happy for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mama Connie! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete