Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Steak Night:


I ordered Dwayne and I a Holiday Package of Omaha Steaks. I received the package at work yesterday.
Todd had dropped by after work so I invited him to stay for supper (uh, really to cook the steaks......) Todd and Dwayne sat at the counter while I fixed the salad and put the stuffed potatoes in the oven. Visiting in the kitchen like this reminded me of the kids were growing up and doing their homework as I fixed supper. Easy conversation and family time.
April spend the night occasionally to cut down on gas cost. We had a nice family supper and spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

As the kids have grown up and are out of the house I have tried to adapt to family time and meals not always including all three kids. It has been hard for to accept they have lives of their own and also have plans. One of my New Year's resolutions is to be more relaxed about family time and not to make my kids feel guilty when they can't all be there at the same time. But the kids are close and enjoy the times together and that is very important to me.

I am grateful for time spent with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment