Wednesday, November 2, 2011

School House Rock:


Aunt Connie giving Savannah a big hug after the program:

Last Friday night, Dwayne and I attended a musical at Ozark Actors Theatre in Rolla. The building used to be the First Baptist Church and I hadn't been there since a friend's wedding in 1976. Uh, just a few years ago.........
For people that know me, music just isn't a big part of my life. If the radio is on, I kind of listen to it as background noise. I've never been hip (as we said in the seventies) to who is popular, etc. Even when my sister sang in a gospel group, I only went and listened to her once. It's not that I don't like music, I'm just okay without it. Makes me a dull person, but I guess that's just the way I am.
Now, back to the topic, School House Rock Live!! It was so good!! Not to mention that my great niece, Savannah was in it!! lol Dwayne and I sat entranced the whole time. The kids, ranging in age from 8 to 18 gave one heck of a performance. And sing!! Those kids were so good at their solos. The dancing, wonderful!! And they were all in sinc, just very entertaining. I looked over at Dwayne once and his whole face was lit up. Our little Savannah was so good, never a miss in her moves or singing. She is such a talented and happy child. She looked as if she was beaming the whole night.
When Dwayne mentioned going to Savannah's school play, I thought, oh yeah that will be nice, thinking a "school play". Well, I was totally unprepared for the musical we saw and how talented everyone was. I do need to get out more!!

I am so grateful to be a part of my nieces and nephews lives and the joy of their children. Love them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment