Monday, November 15, 2010

November 6th and November 10th Birthdays:

Friday:
Spent the evening relaxing after a busy day at work.
Saturday:
Sometimes the best days are not planned. After my lazy morning of drinking coffee and watching House Hunters, I asked April if she would like to go to Vienna for the Christmas Bizarre. We also stopped by Oak Harvest while in Vienna. It was such a beautiful day out, we decided to drive to St. Roberts and shop at Maurice's. I grew up taking drives though the countryside so it's part of my nature to drive back roads. I went through Brinktown over to Hwy 133 and was going to go in to Dixon that way. Well, I got ahead of myself and turned on a black top road that ended in gravel. This wasn't the route I had pictured in my mind. The gravel road came out back on Hwy 28 and not too far from where I had turned off Hwy 28 onto N highway. Oh, well, we saw a different part of the country this way (A Lot! as it seemed the gravel road would never end).
We shopped at several stores at St. Roberts and then took the "Old Route 66" Highway and saw some more beautiful fall colors. I'm sure April got tired of hearing me say, "It's such a beautiful day", but it was and I couldn't contain myself.
St. Roberts wasn't enough shopping for us so we had to stop off at Penney's in Rolla. I found some great buys.
That evening, me Dwayne, April and Mike went out to eat at Randy's Roadkill Grill on Hwy E going in to Rolla from our house. Then, we went bowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot bowl!! And just to prove it, I got a score of 24 on the first game!! Three times, I only knocked one pin down. That takes talent!! lol We had a good time and it was nice to get out of the house and do something different.
Sunday:
My Dad turned 86 on Friday, the 6th of November. I have his birthday dinner at our house each year. Mike's birthday is the 10th of November, so I ordered a cake for the both of them. We had a good picture of Mom and Dad standing by a spring and also one of April and Mike at Alley Springs, so I used both of those pictures for the cake. Mike was surprised by the cake as he was with us when we picked it up at Wal-Mart and he hadn't seen it.




We had a great day visiting and celebrating birthdays.

My family, what life is all about and I am grateful for each day spent with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment