Thursday, April 29, 2010

The York's Visit:

William's Family Reunion:
My cousin, Ron and his wife Martha sent a message they had gotten home from their extended visit to the Ozarks. We enjoyed having them visit. Judy and I had received their hospitality in 2003 when we took Mom and Dad to Oregon to visit Aunt Tobie, Ron's Mom. Wayne and Bobbie took Mom and Dad to California and Oregon in 2006. These visits were extra special to Mom as Aunt Tobie has now passed away and the only sibling left out of the ten are Mom and Uncle Glen in California.
Ron and Martha stopped to see Uncle Glen in southern California on their way to Missouri.

Uncle Glen Williams:


We were so disappointed Mom could not attend the reunion. Ron and Martha plan on coming back in the fall so we will do the "cousin party" again. The following are pictures Martha sent. I am sad to say, I do not have any of Ron and Martha during their visit.

The Feeler Sisters: Judy, Kate and Connie


The Feeler's, Connie, Judy, Dad, Wayne and Kate:


April & Mike:


Dwayne, Connie, Chad, Todd and April Elrod:


Dad:


For us it is normal to have lots of family around, we take it for granted. Ron York, as an only child, does not have that continuation but he felt a real connection to his extended relatives during his visit. I am proud to have had a part in the family getting together and I cherish each relative in my life. I do indeed feel "Grateful for the life I've been given".

No comments:

Post a Comment