Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekend Recap:

Saturday:
Kenny and Shelley brought Blake down to spend the night with April. He was so excited to go to Mike's farm and see the cows and turkeys. Shelley said he got up at six in the morning to see if it was time to go to April's yet.
As April and Blake were getting ready to leave for St. Elizabeth, Dwayne and I decided to drive them over to get out of the house for awhile. Actually, I had planned on spring-cleaning the kitchen but Dwayne said I needed to take break, probably because he didn't want to get suckered in on helping me. LOL
Blake thought we'd never get there, he told April she couldn't move with "Mite" because it was too far away. We met Mike's parents and visited for awhile. After we left, we stopped at an antique shop in St. Elizabeth. Dwayne bought a toy truck set for kids to play with at the house. We had planned on eating at Miss Kitty's but at the last minute Dwayne decided he wanted to eat at Westphalia Inn. We drove in pouring down rain all the to Westphalia and the Inn didn't open up until 4:30, so we thought we'd eat at the bar next door, it didn't open until 4:00. I guess people in Westphalia don't eat lunch out. We stopped at Mr. Jack's in Freeburg and the food was very good. We spent the rest of the day lazing around the house. When April, Mike and Blake got to the house, Blake had quite the stories to tell about the turtees and Mike's toy John Deere tractors.



He had a great time and couldn't wait to camp out in April's living room with the sleeping bag.
Sunday:
I got up and went to church. We had a guest speaker, Kevin Runge, from Belle. He did a good job on his sermon.
When I got home we had Blake's favorite, hot dogs for lunch. Kenny, Shelley and Baby Nathan came mid-afternoon to get Blake. Nathan was such a joy, he just smiles and plays contentedly.
After they left, I made cinnamon rolls for supper dessert. I usually only make them for when we have company so they were surprised I made them just for us. I also fixed Chicken Lasagna, salad, corn and crescent rolls for supper. Not a good combination if you're trying to loose weight. The boys didn't come over as Kacie Workman was home and they had a barbecue for her and Kadence.
Monday:
Work was very busy as several projects came in while I was off a few days. I picked MacKensie and Zach up at school, dropped Kensie off at her house and Zach came home with me. Todd, Chad and Troy stopped by for supper-leftovers from the night before. I had a good visit with the boys. Chad still hugs us when he comes over and as he left he gave Dwayne a huge hug. Gotta love that some things don't change.
Judy took Joe to Columbia for some tests. He had chest pains and shortness of breath all last week. They kept him overnight to run tests.
Tuesday:
Work wasn't too busy and I got alot done. Dwayne called in the afternoon to see if Joe was still in the hospital. Dwayne is working in Columbia so he stopped by to see Joe. I was proud that he even remembered and thought of that all on his own. (It's not like I think he's a little kid or something, it's just he does not remember stuff very often). Joe got to come home yesterday evening and then goes back up tomorrow for more tests.
MacKensie had a volleyball game in Jefferson City last night. I went with her and Kate. They won one out of the three games. Kensie got in three good serves. You could tell it boosted her self confidence. We grabbed a sandwich on the way home and treated ourselves to Baskin Robbins Ice Cream . I got home in time to watch The Good Wife. I love that show and I think the acting is superb.

Each day brought about precious memories of time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment