Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend:

Friday:
Work has been very stressful for the last week and I went home with a pounding headache. There were a couple of good movies on TV that Dwayne and I watched. Chad called me around 9 p.m. and we talked for about forty-five minutes. Good to talk to my son and hear him back to his old self.
Saturday:
I did not wake up until 11 a.m. I watched a movie with April. I always enjoy our Saturday time together. I still had a headache so I took a two and a half hour nap.
I woke up feeling good, cleaned the kitchen and went downstairs to walk on the treadmill. Dwayne cleaned out all of my flower beds for me and I appreciated that very much.
We got ready and went to Rolla to eat out and buy food for our Easter meal. We ate at a new Italian Restaurant, Napoli's. It was okay, nothing spectacular.
We headed to Wal-Mart's to buy groceries. I could not believe they were completely out of hams. We then went to Kroger's and luckily they still had hams left. I thought I would probably have a difficult time going to sleep after sleeping late and taking such a long nap, but after putting groceries away I went to bed and went straight to sleep.
Easter Sunday:
What a wonderful way to wake up!! Todd had come over and fixed chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Pancakes is my favorite breakfast food, especially with chocolate chips. Dwayne, Todd, April and I spent a lazy morning visiting and getting ready for our Easter dinner.
We always have Easter at our house for my family and Dwayne's. There was a good turnout of family. We are running out of small kids for the Easter Egg Hunt as the youngest there was eight. The great nieces and nephews had alot of eggs to hunt and decided they weren't too old after all. (Especially when they found out three of the eggs had five dollar bills in them. Even the adult kids decided maybe they should hunt eggs, too. LOL) It was such a great day with all three of our children present and seeing each one doing good and enjoying themselves.
After everyone left, Dwayne and I went to Chad's and borrowed Todd's four wheeler. We drove around on our land at the Emge Place and just enjoying being outdoors. I had a wonderful weekend and feel rested to start another work week.

What a wonderful blessing to have my family and parents to celebrate Easter with.

No comments:

Post a Comment