Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend:

Friday:
End of the work week and just a relaxing evening at home.
Saturday:
My great nephew, Nathan had a birthday party in the evening. I will do a tribute to him on the 23rd, his actual birthday. Blake went with us as he had got to know my family when April babysat him. Billie (Nathan's Mom) always has neat ideas on decorations and activities. She had the kids form teams and they were to see who could make a snowman the fastest. They used toilet paper to wrap around the child chosen to be the snowman and she had construction paper cut outs to pin on of boots, nose, etc. Blake was voted the best snowman, he stood so still and serious through the game.
Charlie Tynes

After the party, we went to Sput's Place between Vichy and Rolla for a College Graduation Party for our friend's son. Charlie now has his Masters in Business Management and the party was a nice tribute to all of his hard work. I enjoyed visiting with friends but I think I'm getting too old to enjoy being at a bar with all the noise and loud music. Showing my age!! LOL
Sunday:
I played hooky from going to church, no reason, just didn't go. I did finish up wrapping presents for Christmas. My Sunday evening family meal time isn't going as I planned. The boys are usually busy doing their own thing and don't make it. So it is usually just me, Dwayne, April and Mike; which is okay but I do wish the boys would make more of an effort to come over.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and takes the time to enjoy being a family. What greater gift from God, the birth of Christ, and continuing on with the birth and life of each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment