Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve:

1990

I was a lot more patient in 1990 than I am today. When I look at this picture, I wonder what I was thinking!! The kids were excited to celebrate the New Year and wanted to throw confetti like they do on TV. So, I let them each (Chad, Todd, April & my nephew, Troy) have a basket and toilet paper to shred. Imagine at midnight 4 baskets of "confetti" tossed in the air. It really was fun to watch the kids have such a good time. They did clean up their mess, after they tossed confetti in the air a few more times.

We put a lot of emphasis on a new year, as if some magic will make it better than the year before. We should appreciate each day on it's own merit. But I, too, am looking forward to a better year in 2010. I pray for good health, children's life to become better, my parents. The list goes on. Then I think, Connie, God has blessed you with so much, appreciate each day and blessing.

So my wish for 2010 is to become a better person and accept each day as it comes, for that is a blessing in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment